Monday, June 23, 2008

Docent who meditates?

I've been wanting to make an entry for days, but was really waiting for things to settle in my mind a bit. Had a difficult session with my therapist last week, I cried(something new and difficult) and thought after the session I would return to normal, but it took about two days of introspection to get my balance back. I'm ok and I'm more focused than before.

I had my second interview at the museum last week and they will take me on as a docent. I am quit overwhelmed at the knowledge that I have to asimilate, but then again I should have a great deal of time to do this. I am particurlary happy with the young (brillant)woman who will be mentoring me, there was an immediate connection.

Reading up on Budhism, and I am naturally pulled there. My good friend T.H. suggested I take a mediation wotkshop tomorrow with this woman named Janet Saltzman. She comes to NY on Tuesdays and I will give it a go. The meditation idea is not new, but it is oh
so centering when I remember to do it (Gee I coulda had a V8).

(This feels a bit like throwing thoughts into the wind, now I know whey bloggers like comments.) Jeff is coming in this wknd, it will be really good to see him. I miss him alot.

August 29th will be my last day, and it's fast approaching, just getting a little nervous, but I know only good will come out of this move. (although being re-born can be a bit uncomfortable at times)

No comments: