Thursday, June 26, 2008

What wrinkles ?

There has been so much going on lately and I am pretty happy that I have taken a number of steps to help me with the upcoming retirement. I just know intuitively the meditation is going to be such a help. The experience with Sharon Salzberg was great. I found her to be very down to earth and she made the process of meditation very accessable, pulling away so much of what I like to think of as the "hokus pokus" of it. Basically, just sit and be quiet and meditate. I don't need special robes, or candles nor do I need to sit in any special position, I'm just calming my mind. I always think of the brain as having all of these indentations on it's surface, and when I am meditating it's almost like a smooth surface, with all the wrinkles gone. Hmmm I wonder if it also takes the wrinkles off of one's face, I would bet that it does to a degree. (BTW it is Sharon Salzberg, somehow I managed to get the wrong name in my last post)

No comments: