Sunday, June 15, 2008

Syncronicity

I am still figuring out the mechanics of posting a blog, today it was a bit frustrating but patience won out, thankfully.

Yesterday I ran with my old running group(Front Runners)in Central Park. The park itself was beautiful. The run itself was miserable, hard, sweaty, too many hills and really too much of a challenge physically. I did finish, but was not happy. I noticed a group of men, about 7-10 who were walking the route. When I got back to the church where we go for coffee and fellowship afterwards, I saw the walking group. I found out that they walk the 6 mile outer loup rather than run it. Aerobically it's the same benefit, but I thought hmmm if they walk, they must talk, so what a great way to get to know some other men.

In casual conversation someone mentioned a web site where one could meet up with other groups that shared a common interest. I went online later that day and found a number of groups that I was happy to catch up with.(mystery book discussion group, Gay Buddhist discussion group, etc)

I went to the Rubin Museum of Art, I will be doing some volunteer work there as a docent, shortly. I was lucky to catch a tour that was just beginning. All of the art in the museum is religious relating to either Buddhism or Hinduism. I thought hmmm, maybe I should learn something about Buddhisim to understand the art a little better. I leafed through a few books in the gift shop on Buddhism and found that I had stumbled on something that I had been searching for. This is just what I needed at this particular point in my life. I plan to do some more reading and perhaps get to meet some groups to discuss some issues that are important to me.

I have such a new respect for Synchronisity ( did I spell that right?). Just yesterday I wrote a blog on sadness, and then read one that a friend wrote of the importance of groups in his life, that led to running in Central Park and on and on.

No comments: